Lipstick forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ovo je forum za sve lezbijke i bi žene koje se osjećaju femme i vole iste takve žene. Ženstvenost nije striktno određena kategorija. Ona ovisi o samoidentifikaciji. Ako se identificirate kao femme i volite druge femme, ovo je mjesto za vas!

Početna stranicaLipstick portalLatest imagesPretraľnikRegistracijaLogin

True blood

Go down 
Autor/icaPoruka
Nepenthe
Dark angel
Nepenthe

Dob : 41

True blood  Empty
PostajNaslov: True blood    True blood  Emptypet sij 20, 2012 1:34 am

The struggle for vampire equality in True Blood has been interpreted as an allegory for the LGBT rights movement. Charlaine Harris, the author of the book series on which the show is based, stated that her initial characterization for the vampires were as "...a minority that was trying to get equal rights". Several phrases in the series are borrowed and adapted from expressions used against and about LGBT people, such as "God Hates Fangs" (God Hates Fags) and "Coming out of the coffin" (coming out of the closet).
Entertainment Weekly's Ken Tucker wrote that the show is built "around a series of metaphors: Vampire rights stand in for gay rights, and now the clever laughs elicited from this bratty-vampire girl represent an extreme of adolescent rebelliousness".David Bianculli of NPR wrote "[True Blood is] big on allegory, and the tension about accepting vampires into society is an obvious play on civil rights in general, and gay rights in particular".However, the television series' creator, producer and writer (or co-writer) of all episodes so far, gay rights activist Alan Ball, rebukes critics, stating that such a comparison is "lazy".

why would gay men be fans of a sexless mormon scribed vampire novel poulated by tween hunks and vaguely tomboyish girls when we have True Blood - a real sexed up, suprecharged allegorical vampire series that says more to the gay population than any of the twilight books/films ever have? There is an essentially erotic subtext to vampire mythology and is also a allegory of sorts to the gay existance - all of which is in full display in True Blood. The Twilight novels ignores all the mythological subtexts, and offers nothing concetely erotic for adults. In view of all this, and the fact that the author is devoutly mormon and no doubt conributes her share to the mormon chuch - why on earth would any self respecting gay adult be a fan of any of the twilight books or films? The premise that this is the case was totally fabricated for the article and can't be at all true.

Sexy! grinning

[Vrh] Go down

True blood
[Vrh] 
Stranica 1 / 1.

Permissions in this forum:Ne moľeą odgovarati na postove.
Lipstick forum :: Kultura i umjetnost :: Televizija-
Forum(o)Bir: